Monday, March 14, 2011

My Mt. Apo Dream Climb

It was a long strenuous climb, from the lowlands, the mossy forests, the formidable boulders, the irritating sulfuric fumes, the 87 degree inclined assault, the beautiful crater, and finally the summit area, every step was a memorable experience. As one of my fellow climbers would say... "Mt. Apo is big, but we have a bigger God".



Standing on the summit area of Mt. Apo and taking
a quick photo before the fog slips in once again blocking everything. From this vantage point, you can see our tents at the summit campsite below settled snugly by Mt. Apo's 7 peaks in the background.

We were waiting for the sunset and the view of the lowlands. It was very cold and windy but I had to remove my jacket to expose my special shirt which I have been saving just for this climb. This is me proclaiming God's goodness and mercy over my life! -- "Dream bigger dreams for you have a bigger God"

This was taken on top of Mt. Apo The Grandfather -- the highest of
Philippine mountains at 2,956 MASL.

November.13, 2010 05:18PM (Davao Del Sur, Mindanao)

PS: I have just completed my Mountain Trio - Mt. Pulag, Mt. Kanlaon, and Mt. Apo- Highest mountains in each major island (Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao). Thank you Lord for giving me the opportunity to experience your marvelous creations and giving me the courage and the strength to face and conquer my fears, to go out of my comfort zone and into my courage zone! The world really is awesome!

Special thanks to "The FEAST Alabang" for the Tshirt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...